The College Library has a large collection of books as well as audio-visual materials, which are as per the latest guidelines of AHSEC. The Library also has books to assist students appearing for competitive examinations.
- All members of ACACS Academic Community are the member of College Library.
- All members are supposed to deposit their personal belongings such as personal books, bags etc. at the property counter while entering the library. College will not hold any responsibility for any loss or damage to the belongings.
- Use of mobile phones, smoking, and refreshment or food items of any kind inside the library is not allowed and strictly prohibited.
- Library is place to build knowledge through resources available in the library, keeping the same in view, pin drop silence and peace is supposed to be observed in the College Library.
- All the issued books must be returned on or before the due date so as to avoid overdue charges and make them available for use by other members as well.
- Any Book except reference book can be reserved by any member at the issue counter.
- The Librarian is free to recall any issued book at any time.
- Members are supposed to leave the book on nearest table whenever they take the books from the open shelves so as to avoid misplacement of book.
- Members should keep the library informed of any change of address during the period of their membership.
- Member must submit the issued books from the library before proceeding on long leave except books issued for break.
- Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECT, etc. and must be returned in the same condition as it was issued.
- Users should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource.
- The “Check Out” slip should be handed over to the security guard at the checkpoint before taking out the issued book/s.
- Students are advised not to issue Books to others on their names.
- Reference Documents like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals (Loose & Bound), Theses, Project Reports, Census, Handbooks will not be issued out.
- Conversation and discussion disturbs library ambience. Therefore, all are requested to maintain dignified silence.
- No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library without the prior permission of the Librarian. He/She is required to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned Institution/Organization.
- No photograph of the Library shall be taken without the prior permission of the Librarian.
- All students are advised to come to the Library in decent dress as they are in the classrooms.
Handling of Library Resources:
- The resources such as Books, Periodicals, e-Resources, etc. available in the College Library have been purchased not only to extend services to the present members but also for the future members of the library. Hence, the member, while utilizing these resources, should not tamper the document, write upon, damage, torn down the pages or mark on any library materials.
- Members should also take care of Copyright issue while utilizing the resources and he/she will be solely held responsible for any violation.
- When the book has been issued by College Library, the member should carefully examine/check and satisfy themselves whether the book issued to him/her is in good condition or not. And, If the book is not in good condition, the member should immediately inform to the library staff available at issue counter, otherwise, the member will be held responsible for any compensation such as replacement of the book or payment of the book fixed by the Librarian.
At the time of leaving the Institute finally, the member of library must submit the library property, if it is issued or lying with member, to the College Library and member must obtain a "Library Clearance" certificate from the College Library, in order to ensure that member does not have any overdue charge with him/her.
Monday to Saturday: 10.00 AM to 2:30 PM